Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Every little thing


I don't want to forget anything about these days. These days full of snuggling, smiles, tired, and so much love.

All of Peter's little features and habits are changing and developing so quickly and I don't want to ever forget any of the tiny details that I love about this boy.


My desperation to cling to every precious moment that was established when we lost Jude has been reinforced as we've seen several friends, and friends of friends pass away unexpectedly the last few weeks. It makes my heart heavy to think of all the moments these families will never have with their loved ones. It makes me cling with renewed passion to every beautiful moment my lovely little family has together.

Every loving word from my husband.
Every gentle whisper in Jess' deep voice into Peter's tiny crinkled ear.
Every short, sleepy breath against my neck.
Every moment his rapidly increasing weight lies against my chest.
Every feeding with his warm cheek against my breast.
Every time he sleeps with his left eye peeking open.
Every adorable lop-sided smile.
Every time his cheek dimples.
Every stretch of little muscles when he sticks his booty out and clenches his fists on the air.
Every time Jess walks in the door and can't wait to get his hands on the little guy.
Every quiet sigh in the middle of the night.
There are a million things I could list that I love about my life right now!


But even the things that are less inherently wonderful I want to notice and remember. How rewarding it is hanging diapers on the clothes line and folding tiny clothes. The frustration of responding to his desperate cries when even he doesn't know what he needs. The soreness in my neck and shoulders from nursing him day and night. The seeming hours on end it takes to complete even simple household tasks.

They are all a part of this wonderful challenging life that not everyone is blessed with. 
And I am grateful.








                       First time in the bumbo!                

Playing with Grampa

                                                     helping dad study

No comments:

Post a Comment