Tuesday, October 30, 2012

tidbits

Time flies when you're having fun!
We've had a busy and fun couple of weeks. 
Last weekend we went up to the San Juan mountains and hiked Handies Peak with some friends. It was Peter's first 14er! It was slow going, but I was motivated to make it to the top, just so I could say I'd hiked a 14er 5 months pregnant. It was a beautiful day, and we rejoiced in God's magnificent creation the whole way. 

Here are a few pictures:

 On top:


I had a few days off work last week as well and started puttering around with baby projects. I made Peter a little hat and matching booties, as well as a mobile for the nursery, and some fabulous body butter for my rapidly stretching tummy skin. Pinterest is my friend. :-)

I've started thrifting as much as I can for the random "baby necessities." Scored an awesome changing table for 20 bucks, and some other little things. It feels good to start pulling stuff together. We still need quite a few things, but have plenty of time, and I feel like we're making progress now! It is (mostly) fun to start doing all of these things. Still a little scary here and there,... but for the most part we have a lot of peace.

We spent this weekend in Denver and it was such a blessing to reconnect with a lot of our friends that we haven't seen since we left. We are so blessed by those relationships, and miss them all so much! We stopped at The Tattered Cover (No trip to Denver is complete without at least a brief visit in my opinion. Best. Bookstore. EVER.) and bought a copy of Peter Rabbit, with a matching stuffed bunny that says Peter on his jacket. They are so cute! I imagine that bunny will receive many years of love/abuse at the hands of our Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment