Thursday, April 19, 2012

My indoor spring

Spring has sprung, and I don't have a spot for a real garden yet, so I'm growing new things inside! Hopefully I'll get a late garden in at our new house in Grand Junction, but this will have to hold me til then!

Here's what's growing at my house:
My begonia is blooming again. It must have peeked out the window, saw green grass instead of snow, and knew it was time to bloom! My mini rose (Valentines Day gift from my wonderful hubby) in the above pic is also budding out again.






Growing some Iris bulbs. Hopefully in a month or two I'll have some big beautiful blue blooms!


This one just made me smile: Libby dog. Not a plant, but, makes me happy. Like plants.




And here's my big experiment. Lily of the Valley! Ordered the pips online, and just planted them a week ago. I see some progress already, and should see it really start going this week. Hopefully blooms in about a month! Lily of the Valley means: Return to Joy. My dear SIL Heather, painted them on Jude's painting, and they have a really special meaning to me now. I'm hoping that I'll be able to transfer them into a little memorial garden for Jude at our new house. Hopefully this works!

Found the cute planters at Goodwill! :-)

6 comments:

  1. I'm TOTALLY going to Goodwill to look for planters now! :o) GREAT idea! Thank you! AND, I've decided you need to teach me some of your gardening / plants tricks when y'all move! I am TERRIBLE at keeping most plants alive... other than my garden last year almost all my other plants in pots died! Therefore I am NOT excited about planting anything this year, but I will probably make myself get some stuff in the ground early next month even though it's a bit late for some things... :o( Gosh, I'm SO excited to see y'all, Jenn! So happy y'all are moving back here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I have any tricks, but I'll work for free! :-)

      Delete
  2. gorgeous! thanks for sharing these. And, I love the sweet dog picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janelle, it's so rare that I catch her looking cute, instead of surly. I had to share it!

      Delete
  3. SO very pretty! I found you at small birds studio I ma so very sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet son, saying a prayer for you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tesha, looking forward to exploring your blog too!

      Delete