Friday, October 8, 2010

Faithful,... despite appearances

Blog Blog Blog. I have enjoyed numerous blogs by friends through the years, but have never felt the urge to start one of my own. Now I have copious amounts of free time on my hands, am realizing that I miss using my brain, and though this is hardly mental exercise; it is better than nothing.

Also, for the first time in,… well, maybe ever,… I feel like I actually have valuable things to share with you. God is truly AMAZING. The last few months have been some of the hardest of my life. And yet through it I have been enabled to praise His HOLY name. For He is Awesome and worthy to be praised! On the surface, life could really suck right now. I’ve been unemployed for about 3 ½ months and it has shaken me to the core. I never saw myself in this situation. I’m a nurse for crying out loud. Aren’t nurses supposed to be epically employable? I mean, you hear nursing talked about as the epitome of job security,… Well, I’m here to say that nothing in this life is secure or predictable,… except one thing: God’s faithfulness and His love for us (and all other aspects of His character).

             Some days I still have a hard time trusting His faithfulness to us right now,… I mean,… Jess is in med school (an expensive one at that). We’re talking LOTS of debt. Kinda scary. And well, I’m supposed to be making money right now,… but instead we are living off of our quickly disappearing savings. THIS WAS NOT PART OF THE PLAN!!! But, apparently it WAS a part of God’s plan for us. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Parker is where God wants us to be. Jess is being blessed in school, we have been unbelievably blessed here with a fantastic church body, and amazing friends,…  God IS faithful!  Believing in His faithfulness sometimes requires a complete change of perspective. We expect His faithfulness and provision to take on a certain form, and if it shows up looking differently than we expected then we reject it. We flail. I have been doing a lot of flailing. I’m trying to stop flailing and start resting in the knowledge that He loves Jess and I. Personally. Passionately. Our job is simply to love Him back, and trust that He will take care of the rest. (Even when it’s terrifying.)

            That my friends, is one of the many, many, many things that I am learning right now. It is definitely an active process. I put this on my wall a few weeks ago to help me remember.

             
            We'll chat again soon!

1 comment: