Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New job!

So I just completed my second day at the new job. Praise God! His provision didn’t come a moment too soon; His timing was impeccable, as ever.  We experienced extreme relief after I was finally officially offered the job, then I headed to Grand Junction for a FANTASTIC week with my family. Jess joined us for Thanksgiving which was so much fun. It was the first time that the entire Storey family had assembled since Matt’s wedding,… and there have been two additions since then!

Then we had to return to real life. After two days on the job I’m feeling quite overwhelmed with a number of things; and would appreciate your prayers!

First, I was expecting my commute to be about 30 minutes each way. Add in the traffic and it’s turned out to be at least 45 minutes each way. Kind of a shock to this country bumpkin. After Laramie, where I worked 7 blocks from home and walked back and forth regularly, 45 minutes in the car seems like forever! It feels like by the time I get home I’ve already lost any potential down time. I know that I will adjust, I just pray that it happens quickly! (I’m hoping to get the Bible on CD, and would love any other suggestions that people may have on productive time killers in the car!)

Second, my poor pooch doesn’t know what hit her! One minute I’m staying at home loving on her all day every day, and the next she’s cooped up by herself for at least 8 hours each day. We’re still trying to figure out how to meet the needs of our extraordinarily high energy dog while also going about the lives that God has so clearly led us to. I know that this isn’t really that big of a deal, and that she is after all just a DOG, but I love her and I feel bad about it.

 This is a big transition for Jess and I both. I won’t have as much time to keep up with stuff at home. He will have to spend more time taking care of the dog (and time is a precious commodity when you’re in medical school!). We are praying that God will continue to guide us and teach us through this process.

Finally, I am so thankful for God’s guidance and provision for us. This will be a period of change, and some if it will be hard, but it is such a blessed peace just knowing without a doubt that this is where God wants me.

No comments:

Post a Comment